How To Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Embassy of Spain In Manila : A Guide For Philippines Passport Holders

La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Spain. Thanks to Kathniel’s movie: Barcelona, A Love Untold, now every Filipino wants to visit this beautiful city. But let me tell you that there’s more to life in Spain than in Barcelona. Valencia is the home of the famous Paella Valenciana and the Old Town is fascinating. Asturias is also a lovely fishing village which gives you a nice view of the sea. Almeria in Andalucia region is also a must visit!

Bottomline is, Spain is a huge and beautiful country and you need quite some time to experience everything it has to offer. For now, let’s try to get you that Schengen Visa from the Spanish Embassy in Manila.

Kach Solo Travels in 2019 Full and fun itinerary here in Almeria, South of Spain12.jpg


1. Those who are only visiting Spain in the Schengen Area;

2. Those who are traveling around the Schengen Area and will be staying in Spain for the longest duration; or

3. Those whose first entry is Spain, if traveling to other Schengen Countries in equal duration.


1. Duly accomplished Schengen Visa Application Form;

2. One (1) recent passport-size photo with white background (to be pasted on the application form)

3.  Valid Passport (valid for a minimum 3 months after the planned trip but you have to consider the 6-month rule by the Immigration Officers).

4.   A photocopy of the data page of the valid passport and all previous visas and stamps.

5.   Previous passports (if any).

6.   Cover Letter explaining the purpose of the intended trip.

7.  For spouses of Spanish/EU Nationals: Marriage Certificate (issued not more than 6 months ago) recognized by the Government of the corresponding EU national. Marriages that are not registered/recognized by the corresponding EU Government will not be processed as an EU spouse visa. Only marriages recognized/registered by the corresponding EU Government are free of charge. The marriage certificate issued by the Filipino authorities (PSA) will have to be submitted duly authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

8. For Minors: The corresponding authorization and birth certificate issued by the PSA.

9. Proof of economic means: Bank Certificate of the applicant, Bank Books, including the movements of the account in at least the last 6 months, and ITR (with receiving stamp or official receipt from BIR). These documents are required whether or not the applicant is sponsored by a company or an individual.

10.  If staying in a private residence, invited by a relative/friend, invitation letter issued by the Spanish Police, or an invitation letter including the photocopy of the sponsor's passport and/or D.N.I., or residence card and registration of residency (“empadronamiento”).

11.  If employed: Certificate of Employment and authorization for leave of absence (original copies).

12.  If self-employed: Business Permit, Registration, Company ITR.

14.  Confirmed Airline (No need to be paid yet, our Rent-A-Flight Service is the best for this. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get a LEGITIMATE and CONFIRMABLE booking.) and Hotel Reservation;

15 Day-to-day Itinerary;

16. Travel Health Insurance recognized in all Schengen State with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros and must be valid for the entire duration of stay. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!


STEP 1: Complete the documents required together with a photocopy of each. Put all the documents in 1 large brown envelope (with the applicant´s surname, name and contact number written in bold letters on the upper left corner of the envelope).

STEP 2: Set an appointment at the BLS International Website. They are the one tasked by the Embassy of Spain to collect documents and biometrics.  

STEP 3: Go to your scheduled appointment come personally and pay the visa fee upon submission of the application.

STEP 4: Wait for the decision and pray you’ll get your visa!


1) How much is the Visa Fee?

  • For adults- Php 3,950

  • For children 6-12 y/o- Php 2,100

  • For children below 6 y/o- Free

2) How much is the Processing Fee?

It’s Php 930 but children under 6 y/o are free of charge.

3) How long can I stay with the short-term visa?

90 days maximum.

4) When should I apply for the visa?

You can apply 90 days before the intended departure and not earlier.

5) How long is the processing time?

If the Consulate of Spain doesn’t find anything wrong with the documents, then you can get the decision within 5 days from the date of application.

6) Does BLS International accept walk-in applicants?

No. A prior appointment is required. You may book it here.

7) Can I track the progress of my visa application?

Sure, you can track it here.

8) How can I get my passport back?

You will be sent an email regarding that. You will need to bring your receipt and acceptance proof with you for the collection of your passport. You can also opt to pay for an additional fee for them to send your passport via courier.

9) Can somebody else collect my passport on my behalf?

Sure. Just make sure that he/she has your receipt and Letter of Authority together with his ID and photocopy thereof.

10) Is an interview mandatory?

Not necessarily but you may be called for an interview at the Embassy in case they see something wrong with your documents or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.

11) Do I need to submit a Cover Letter?

Yes, it is required. If you need any help, Jon offers a Personalized Cover Letter Writing and he’s so good at it!

12)  Do I need to pay for my flight for the visa application?

No. Only a CONFIRMED BOOKING is required. No need to pay for it yet. Our Rent-A-Flight Service is the best for this. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get a LEGITIMATE and CONFIRMABLE booking.

13) What company do you recommend for the insurance?

AXA Schengen! The best thing about them is they will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved.

14) My visa is rejected! What remedy do I have?

You can either file a Remonstrance Letter or file another application from another EU Embassy. Click here to view full remedies in case of visa denial and what you can do to avoid it.