How Philipppines Passport Holder Can Apply For A Schengen Visa For Lithuania Or Austria Via The Austrian Embassy In Manila
Please do note that the Visa Application Tips that I am posting are all for free. But if you need a little more assistance, I can give you a one-on-one travel coaching for a minimal fee-- it’s a lot cheaper than getting it through a travel agency. Together, we can go through your documents, fill in what’s missing, practice for the interview, and work together for you to get that visa!
Book an appointment now and learn more about my Travel Coaching service, here!
Lithuania is a country in Northern Europe whose capital, Vilnius is remarked as One of the Most Beautiful Old Towns in Europe. With just 1,969 steps, you could already see the main attractions in this UNESCO-listed Old Town. That’s quite a short walk and this is exactly why this is the Most Walkable Town in Europe. In this short walk, you’ll find historically inclined baroque architecture, greeneries, and artistic spaces. Walk a little further and in with barely 7,000 steps, you can get to see beautiful churches and the Neris River. Just a mere 4,000 steps and you can jump on an archaeological adventure with your kids in tow.
For Filipinos, we need to walk (or drive) to the VFS Office to apply for a Schengen Visa for Lithuania to explore this new destination… here’s how you can do it!
**VFS Global for Austria also represents Lithuania
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA IN THE AUSTRIAN EMBASSY IN MANILA
1. When you’re solely visiting Austria or Lithuania;
2. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area but you’ll be staying in Austria or Lithuania the longest; or
3. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area in equal duration but you’ll be first arriving in Austria or Lithuania.
1. Application Form. Completed truthfully in English or German in print and signed by the applicant in both required boxes. (Applications of minors have to be signed by their legal guardian);
2. 2 recent passport photographs (colour, 3,5 x 4,5 cm, light background), complying with ICAO guidelines;
3. Passport, valid at least three months beyond the expiration date of the requested visa, at least two blank pages (note that Immigration Officers require it to have at least 6 months validity);
4. Passport copy (first and last page, all used pages), copies of old visas in previous passports (incl. data page of old passports), Minors need to submit a copy of their legal guardian's passport as well;
5. Detailed Itinerary for the entire stay in the Schengen area (indicating days and dates of stay in different countries, tour programme);
6. Copy of the Round Trip Flight Reservation;
7. Proof of means of transportation according to the itinerary if visiting other Schengen countries (e.g. flight reservations, train reservations, bus reservations);
8. All risk travel insurance, valid for all EU countries, Norway and Switzerland, with a minimum coverage of EUR 30.000. We highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!;
9. Proof of accommodation (hotel confirmation, proof of private accommodation);
10. Proof of financial means. Bank certificates (in original), personal bank statements, credit card statements or bank books showing the last six months;
11. Proof of occupation:
If employed: Certificate of employment, Leave of absence, Payslips for the last six months
If self-employed: DTI/SEC registration of the business, Income Tax Return, Business financial statement
If a student: Proof of enrolment, Certificate of leave of absence if travelling in term time
For dependent spouse and children: Marriage certificate (certified PSA copy), Birth certificate (certified PSA copy)
For minors (below 18 years): Affidavit of support & consent of parents or legal guardian (in case the parents are not traveling with the minor), Copies of passports of parents or legal guardian, Birth certificate (certified PSA copy), Proof of legal guardianship, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) clearance
For non-Filipino applicants who have valid residence status in the Philippines: Copy of Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR), Valid Alien Registration Card (copy), Re-entry permit; and
12. Proof of will to return or deep-rootedness: Proof of economic ties in the Philippines and Proof of family ties in the Philippines such as a Land Title, Condominium Unit Title, Contract of Lease, Car Registration Certificate, PRC IDs, etc.
NOTE: Get a copy of the checklist here.
STEP 1: Gather the required documents and attach your photo on the Application Form.
STEP 2: Book your appointment here and show up on that day together with all your requirements. Note that applications incomplete requirements will not be processed.
STEP 3: Proceed as instructed with the biometrics and pay the necessary fee.
STEP 4: Wait for the results which you may track here!
1. When should I apply for a visa?
It is suggested to apply 15 days before your intended flight but you can submit your application at least 3 months before.
2. How long is the visa valid for?
It can be valid for a maximum of 90 days in the course of a period of 180 days and the allowable stay will depend on your proposed itinerary.
3. Can my visa be extended while I’m in the Schengen Area?
4. Can I track my application?
Definitely. You can track it here.
5. Can I apply without an appointment?
It wasn’t mentioned but I suggest to book ahead to avoid any hassle.
6. Can somebody else submit my application?
No. Personal appearance is mandatory.
7. Where should I purchase my Medical Insurance?
I highly suggest you purchase from AXA Schengen. Not only are they reliable, but it’s very affordable too! Not only that, but you can also get a full refund in case your visa gets rejected.
8. Do I need to pay for my flight?
No. It is not necessary. I suggest you purchase a Rent-A-Flight Ticket from us. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get legitimate and traceable flight booking reservation within 24 hours from the time of payment.
9. Is visa approval guaranteed?
No. There’s always a chance of getting rejected so you really have to work on your documents.
10. How much is the visa fee?
- Schengen visa: Php 3,510.00
- For those between 6-12 years: Php 2,048.00
Note that apart from the visa fee, there is also a logistics fee of Php 1,755.00 payable to VFS and these are payable in Philippine Peso only.