How To Apply For A Danish Schengen Visa In The Embassy Of Denmark In Manila - Philippines Passport Guide
Want to go to one of the happiest countries in the World? Pack your bags and book a trip to Denmark, the land of the Little Mermaid or was it Land of Danes and Sea of the Little Mermaid! Anyways, visit the place where the famous Hans Christian Andersen lived and inspired by his fairytales. In case you don’t know; he wrote The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Pea, Thumbelina, The Ugly Duckling, and many more. Maybe we would be inspired to make our own fairytales there.
If you’re a Hollywood fan, did you know that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Sir Jaimie Lannister of Game of Thrones) is Danish? Oh and some Vikings (real ones) were there too! Also, Legos were invented in Denmark. This country is magical. In Denmark, you can have fun at the second-oldest operating amusement park, Tivoli Gardens, see colorful buildings at Nyhavn and feel like royalty at Rosenborg Castle.
Before that, Philippines Passport Holders need a Schengen Visa for Denmark and here’s how you can get it.
Who Needs To Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Danish Embassy In Manila
1. Those who are only visiting Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands;
2. Those who are traveling around the Schengen Area and will be staying in Denmark for the longest duration; or
3. Those whose first entry is in Denmark, if going to other Schengen Countries in equal length.
Please note that Denmark is a part of the Schengen Agreement; however, autonomous countries like Greenland and Faroe Islands are not even though they are under the Kingdom of Denmark. However, you can get a separate visa for either Greenland or Faroe Islands.
Requirements For A Schengen Visa In The Danish Embassy
1. Schengen Visa Application Form - filled out and signed by the applicant
2. One Passport-sized photo with white background and not older than 6 months – paste your photo (not staple) on the designated space of the application form, altered photos are not accepted
3. Original Passport and Photocopy of Original Passport - bio page and used pages (with visas and stamps)
4. Proof of Financial means - Original copy of bank certificates and bank statements of applicant – should be issued within 3 months from the intended departure date.
If supported by a sponsor:
Affidavit of financial support
Proof of financial means of sponsor
Valid identification of the sponsor
8. Photocopy of Travel Medical Insurance - should be valid for all Schengen States, and cover the entire period of the person's intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30,000/PHP 2.5M/USD 50,000. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this ;
9. Printed and Signed Cover Letter from your online visa application
Step-By-Step Guide On How Filipinos Can Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Danish Embassy In Manila
STEP 1: Gather all the documents stated above.
STEP 2: Register your visa application online.
On the site:
1. Click ‘Register’ to create a login. An activation link will be sent in your e-mail address, and you must click this.
2. Fill in the application; individual or group
3. Pay an amount in the webshop to cover the fee payment
4. Print and sign the cover letter that is generated at the end of the registration of your application. Sign in 2 places.
STEP 3: Schedule an appointment with VFS Global choose between VFS Manila or VFS Cebu and time from 08:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
STEP 4: Submit your visa application with required and supporting documents at the Danish Visa Application Center (VFS) on the day you set an appointment. However, if you are walk-in, VFS is open from Mondays to Fridays, from 7:00 – 08:00 AM (only 10 slots per day on a first-come, first-served basis.) Your biometrics will also be captured.
STEP 5: Pay VFS service fee in cash.
FAQs On How Filipinos Can Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Danish Embassy
1) How much is the Short Term Visa Fee?
0-5 y/o – Free but € 60 will be charged in the webshop for your registration, however, a refund will be initiated once the Danish embassy starts processing your application
6-11 y/o - € 35 (About Php 2,100)
12 y/o and above - € 60 (about Php 3,600)
The following cards are accepted by the webshop: Visa, Dankort, Master Card, American Express, and JCB.
2) How much is the Visa Processing Fee?
It’s PHP 585.00 per application, and this is paid on top of the Visa Fee.
3) How long can I travel with my Short Stay Visa?
90 days maximum.
4) How long does a visa application normally take?
A visa application usually takes up to 15 days. However, in some cases, the Embassy may take 30-60 days processing time and ask for additional documentation and further verifications. It’s better to apply 3 months before your departure.
5) Where exactly is the Danish Embassy/Consulate?
Embassy of Denmark, The Philippines
11th/F, 11th Corporate Center
11th Avenue Corner Triangle Drive
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634.
Royal Danish Consulate Cebu
12th/F, Insular Life Business Center Suite 1204
Biliran Road, Cebu City
Please take note you don’t submit it here but at VFS Global Visa Application Center.
6) Where exactly is the Visa Application Center?
VFS Global Visa Application Center Philippines
Ecoplaza Building, Mezzanine Floor
Don Chino Roces Ave, Extension, Makati,
1231 Kalakhang Maynila
Denmark Visa Application Centre
Unit 503, 5th Floor, Keppel Center
Samar Loop cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000
7) How do I check the status of my application?
You can check at VFS Global website.
8) Is there an interview?
Not necessarily but you may be called for an interview at the Embassy in case they see something wrong with your documents or they want some clarification with the purpose of your stay.
9) Do I need a Paid Flight Booking?
No. Only a CONFIRMED BOOKING is required. Our Rent-A-Flight Service is the best for this. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get a LEGITIMATE and CONFIRMABLE booking.
10) What company do you recommend for the insurance?
AXA Schengen! The best thing about them is they will completely refund your payment in case your visa doesn’t get approved.
11) My visa is rejected! What remedy do I have?
You can either file a Remonstrance Letter or submit another application from another EU Embassy. Click here to view full remedies in case of visa denial and what you can do to avoid it.
Demark is such a gorgeous place and I am very excited for you. Good luck in you application for a Schengen Visa. If you need a little more help, just let me know! I can personally train you for interview questions and go through your requirements one by one. We’ll both work hard for you to get that visa of your dreams! Set an appointment now :)