How To Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Norwegian Embassy In Manila
Please do note that the Visa Application Tips that I am posting are all for free. But if you need a little more assistance, I can give you a one-on-one travel coaching for a minimal fee-- it’s a lot cheaper than getting it through a travel agency. Together, we can go through your documents, fill in what’s missing, practice for the interview, and work together for you to get that visa! Book an appointment now and learn more about my travel coaching service, here!
If there’s one thing we all have in common, that is we have “Seeing the Northern Lights” on top of our bucket lists. This is old news but one of the best countries to witness this is the North Norwegian Skyline where the Arctic Sky is painted with green, pink, and violet electrically charged particles from late September to late March.
More than that, you can also do the reindeer or husky sledding, visit the picturesque fjords, take a ride on the Bergen Railway which happens to be one of the scenic train rides in the world, go on a Viking tour, and a whole lot more.
For Filipinos, we need a Schengen Visa to visit Norway and here’s how you can get it from the Norwegian Embassy in Manila.
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA IN THE NORWEGIAN EMBASSY IN MANILA
1. When you’re solely visiting Norway, Estonia, Finland, Iceland and Sweden;
2. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area but you’ll be staying in Norway, Estonia, Finland, Iceland or Sweden the longest; or
3. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area in equal duration but you’ll be arriving in Norway, Estonia, Finland, Iceland or Sweden first.
1. A Cover Letter which must be printed from the Application Portal and signed by the applicant. It has the receipt number which serves as the applicant's proof of payment;
2. One passport size ID Photo which was taken within the last 6 months;
3. Original passport must have at least 2 unused pages and must remain valid for 3 months after the planned departure from the Schengen Area (note that Immigration Officers require it to have a minimum of 6 months validity);
4. Photocopy of original passport including the biopage and all stamps and visas;
5. Proof of Accommodation which includes hotel vouchers or hotel bookings;
6. Day-to-day itinerary;
7. Proof of your sufficient funds or that of the parents/legal guardian if applicant is under age of 18) such as original bank certificates/transcripts and photocopy of credit card statements for the last 6 months;
8. Documentation of own means/properties like photocopy of Land Titles, Car Registration, Condominium Certificate of Title, etc.;
9. Proof of family ties like photocopies of your PSA Marriage Certificate and/or Birth Certificates of your children (if applicable);
10. If currently employed - Original Certificate of Employment or photocopy of work contract stating position, length of service, salary, and duration of approved leave of absence;
11. If self-employed– Photocopy of DTI Business Name Registration Certificate or SEC registration and latest income tax statement;
12. If currently a student- Original certification of enrolment from the school. If you will be going on a holiday during summer or semestral break, then you’ll need to submit a certification of reservation or certification of enrolment to prove that you are enrolled for the next school year/semester. If you’re traveling during the school year, a certificate of leave of absence from the school should also be submitted;
13. Photocopy of roundtrip airline ticket reservation - Do not pay for/buy the ticket until a visa has been granted. Note: If the application is approved, the visa will be issued according to your roundtrip airline ticket reservation; and
14. Photocopy of travel medical insurance - We highly recommend AXA Schengen for this! Note that the minimum coverage shall be EUR 30,000.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS
1. PSA Birth Certificate;
2. Affidavit of Support and consent of parents or legal guardian;
3. Photocopy of DSWD travel clearance; and
4. A photocopy of parents’/legal guardian’s passport or government issued ID.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE WITH A SPONSOR/GUARANTOR FROM NORWAY
1. Duly filled out Guarantee Form (Part 1 to be filled up by the Guarantor, Part 2 by the Police and Part 3 by the Visa Applicant);
2. The Guarantor’s Passport or Valid ID with Photo;
3. His last Payslip;
4. His last Tax Return; and
5. His Bank Statement.
Once he has everything ready, these documents must be sent to the Visa Applicant which will in turn be submitted to the VFS as one of the requirements.
STEP 1: Create an Account with the Norway Application Portal, fill-in the Application Form and Pay the necessary fees.
STEP 2: Once you’ve completed answering the Application Form, you’ll then be asked to schedule your appointment either with VFS Manila or VFS Cebu.
STEP 3: Proceed to your chosen VFS Center and submit all your documents. A biometric scan of your fingertips will be taken.
STEP 4: Pay the necessary fees.
STEP 5: Wait for the results!
1. When should I apply for a visa?
It is suggested to apply 15 days before your intended flight but you can submit your application at least 3 months before.
2. How long is the visa valid for?
It can be valid for a maximum of 90 days in the course of a period of 180 days and the allowable stay will depend on your proposed itinerary.
3. Can my visa be extended while I’m in the Schengen Area?
4. What can I do in case of refusal?
You or any person authorized by you with the proper Special Power of Attorney can appeal against the decision within three weeks upon receiving the decision.
5. Can I track my application?
Definitely. You can track it here.
6. Can I apply without an appointment?
Yes, but only if you are a seafarer joining in Norway, Estonia, Finland, Sweden and Iceland. In that case, you can submit your application from 07:00 to 10:00 Monday to Friday without an appointment.
7. Can somebody else submit my application?
No. Personal appearance is mandatory.
8. Where should I purchase my Medical Insurance?
I highly suggest you purchase from AXA Schengen. Not only are they reliable, but it’s very affordable too! Not only that, but you can also get a full refund in case your visa gets rejected.
9. Do I need to pay for my flight?
No. It is not necessary. I suggest you purchase a Rent-A-Flight Ticket from us. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get legitimate and traceable flight booking reservation within 24 hours from the time of payment.