How Filipinos Can Apply For A Schengen Visa In The Embassy of Czech Republic in Manila, Philippines
One of the most visited cities in Europe aside from Paris, Rome, and Barcelona is the City of Prague which happens to be the capital and largest city in the Czech Republic. With an area of 496 km², this also makes it the 14th Largest City in Europe. The Prague Castle (and the magnificent view from the top), the Charles Bridge and the Municipal House are impossible to miss.
I know a lot of Filipinos dream of visiting this beautiful city and like all the countries in the Schengen Area, we need to have a Schengen Visa. Here’s how you can get it from the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Manila.
WHEN SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA IN THE EMBASSY OF CZECH REPUBLIC IN MANILA
1. When you’re solely visiting the Czech Republic;
2. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area but you’ll be staying in the Czech Republic the longest; or
3. When you’re visiting several countries in the Schengen Area in equal duration but you’ll be arriving in the Czech Republic first.
1) Visa Application Form. This must be filled out completely and signed personally by the applicant (for minors the application has to be signed by one of the parents or a legal guardian).
2) Original passport or other travel documents. This should have a minimum of 2 blank pages and should be valid at least 3 months after the visa expiration. You should also have a photocopy of the biopage and all your passport stamps and visas.
3) One ID Photo not older than 6 months. Size is 35 x 45 mm and must have a white background.
4) Original medical insurance policy with a 30,000 Euro Coverage. I highly recommend AXA Schengen for this!
5) Confirmation of trip (original + copy). This shall include your day-to-day itinerary and proof of booked tours (if any).
6) Transport confirmation. Trains, flights, bus tickets, etc. In case you’re traveling by car, you’ll need a copy of your International Drivers License, vehicle documents as well as original insurance for the car (Green Card). If another person is going to drive a car, his/her valid visa is also required. You can use our rent-a-flight service to book for a return flight ticket reservation for only $30.
7) Proof of employment/activity and income.
For Employees - Original certificate of employment, which contains the position, salary for the last 6 months, hire date and approved holiday period. The certificate shall also indicate the name and position of the person who signed the certificate, registration and contact details of the company, and must be certified by a wet seal. Additionally, you may need to provide a work book.
For entrepreneurs - Business license, registration certificate and latest tax declaration.
For Pensioners - Pension certificate or document certifying the amount of pension.
For Students – Confirmation from the educational establishment with confirmation of leave of absence. Additionally, you may need to provide a student's record-book.
For those Unemployed - A written signed explanation on the applicant’s labor situation. Additionally, you may provide a copy of workbook with the previous official places of employment.
8) Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses during the trip
The Bank Statement over the past 3 months which must be submitted in the original and be stamped by the bank or certified true copy thereof
Original Bank Certificate (same Bank Account as the Bank Statement)
Signed traveler’s checks on your name – the original and copy
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR THOSE WITH A SPONSOR IN CZECH REPUBLIC
1. A notarized sponsorship letter which covers the entire period of the requested visa
2. Bank transactions of the sponsor
For children and spouses of the sponsor, the declaration is also required.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE TRAVELING ALONE OR ACCOMPANIED BY ONLY ONE PARENT
1) Written consent of one / both parents (if they are not traveling with the child). It must be notarized, submitted in original and copy, and should cover the entire period of the requested visa. If there is only one guardian it is required to provide a birth certificate, a judgment on custody, a death certificate or other any document which confirms it.
2) A copy of the parent's passport.
3) Birth certificate - original and copy.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW YOU CAN APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA AT THE EMBASSY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC IN MANILA
STEP 1: Gather all the required documents.
STEP 2: Book an appointment with VFS Global.
STEP 3: Show up on your appointment schedule with all the required documents including a photocopy thereof.
STEP 4: Pay for the required fees and wait for the results!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1) How much is the Visa Fee?
12 years and older 60 Euros or 3,540 Php
6-11 years old 35 Euros or 2,070 Php
6 years and below Free
Note that VFS charges 710 Php for the Service Charge in addition to the Visa Fee and everything should be paid in the local currency.
2) How soon should I apply for my visa?
Your visa application should be lodged not earlier than 3 months before your intended flight. I highly suggest you apply at least 6 weeks before that.
3) How long is the processing time?
It will take 15 calendar days to process your visa and for them to reach a decision. This can be extended for up to 30 calendar days when further scrutiny of the documents is required and even 60 days when additional documents are needed.
4) Is there an interview?
It is possible that the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Manila would call you for an interview.
5) Can I track my application?
6) Where should I purchase my Medical Insurance?
I highly suggest you purchase from AXA Schengen. Not only are they reliable, but it’s very affordable too! Not only that, but you can also get a full refund in case your visa gets rejected.
7) Do I need to pay for my flight?
No. It is not necessary. I suggest you purchase a Rent-A-Flight Ticket from us. For just 1,500 Pesos, you can get legitimate and traceable flight booking reservation within 24 hours from the time of payment.