How To Apply For A Mexican Tourist Visa With Your Philippines Passport (Detailed Guide on Getting a Visa to Mexico for Filipinos)
Mexico is a very special country for us. We’ve been there last April and this is where we had our first ever All-Inclusive Hotel experience at Paradisus Cancun. This is the time when we totally felt that all the hard work from the past few years of doing massage, cleaning bathrooms, teaching English, teaching yoga, and blogging on the side finally paid off! It was such a roller coaster ride!
One of the most visited countries in the world last 2017 happens to be Mexico, as per the World Tourism Organization. I mean who doesn’t wanna go to this country which is home to numerous UNESCO Heritage Sites, beautiful islands, ancient ruins, pyramids, and natural reserves? I bet we all do! For all Philippine Passport Holders (like me), here’s how you can get that Mexican Visa which will take you to this beautiful country!
PHILIPPINES PASSPORT HOLDER WHO DOESN'T NEED A VISA TO ENTER MEXICO
All foreigners who are holders of a Valid and Multiple Entry Visa to the USA, Schengen Area, UK, Japan, and Canada can enter Mexico without a Mexican Tourist Visa and can stay for not more than 180 days. Note that it should remain valid during the entire duration of your stay in Mexico.
Filipinos holding a valid official or diplomatic passport traveling to Mexico for official meeting or any business related activities will no longer need to secure a visa in accordance with the National Institute of Migration of Mexico effective May 1st , 2010. Those traveling by Cruise Ship are also not required to have a visa.
CONTACT THE CONSULAR SECTION OF THE MEXICAN EMBASSY IN THE PHILIPPINES
Address: 150 Legaspi Street, G.C. Corporate Plaza, Legazpi Village, Makati, 1229
Landline: (632) 812-2225
Fax: (632) 892-7635
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A MEXICAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR PHILIPPINE PASSPORT HOLDER
1) Duly filled up Application Form. (Available at the Embassy)
2) Passport with a validity of at least six months and photocopy thereof;
3) Photocopy of your immigration stamps and visas;
4) 2 ID Photos (1.5” x 1.5” or 2” x 2”) with white background;
5) A photocopy of your U.S, Canadian, U.K., Japan, or Schengen Visa (if any);
6) One Valid Identification card original and photocopy (front and back side of the card). This could be any of the following: Driver’s License, SSS / GSIS ID card, Company ID, or Valid Student ID;
7) Original Bank Statement and Bank Certificate from the last 3 months (minimum maintaining balance should be 80,000 per month);
8) 2 or more of these documents (photocopy and original) to prove your financial solvency:
Valid International Credit Card (photocopy the backside of the card where the signature can be found)
Paid Credit Card Statements/Billing statements of credit card (for the last 3 months)
Updated bank Statements / Certifications
Updated Passbooks/ Bank Books (front page & page with last updated amount)
Income Tax Return Paper (if employed); Business ownership certifications, duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). (if self-employed)
Business Ownership Certifications, duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) (if self-employed);
9) Original Certificate of Employment Employment which states the length of service and remuneration package with a minimum basic salary of Php 25,000.00 and at least 1 year of employment in a single company; and
10) Copy of land title which must be owned for at least 2 years prior to application.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO GET YOUR MEXICAN TOURIST VISA IN THE PHILIPPINES
STEP 1: Gather all the required documents as stated above.
STEP 2: Set an appointment using the Mexitel Website. Fill in all the required details and it will then lead you to an appointment schedule page.
STEP 3: Print your appointment letter and show up on the day of your interview together with this and all your requirements, both in its original and photocopy.
STEP 4: Pray that you pass the interview and get the visa!
FAQS ON HOW TO GET A MEXICAN TOURIST VISA WITH YOUR PHILIPPINES PASSPORT
1) How long does it take to them to process the visa?
If you pass the interview, it will take 3-14 days for them to process it.
2) Is the interview mandatory?
Yes and based on that interview, they can approve or deny your Mexican Tourist Visa.
3) We’re married and we’re planning to apply for a Mexican Tourist Visa, can we submit the same set of documents?
No. A separate set of documentation is required. You also have to submit your Marriage Contract.
4) I’m applying with my child. Is there any other requirements for this?
Yes. You have to present the Child’s Birth Certificate and both parents must sign the application form of the child. In case one of the parents cannot sign, the other one has to request a Parent Consent Letter to Travel signed before a Notary Public. He/she must also present legal documents that prove his/her full authority/custody to the child.
5) Do I need to have a show money?
Yes, and they require quite a lot on your bank account as stated above. Here are 7 Practical Tips On How To Have The Right Show Money.
6) Does my visa guarantee my entry to Mexico?
No. Like all countries, Immigration Officers are given the right to deny any person entry to their borders if they find it necessary.
7) How much is the visa processing fee?
It is PhP 1,864 (Philippines Pesos).
8) Is this fee refundable in case my visa is denied?
This is 100% non-refundable.
9) My Valid and Multiple Entry Visa to the USA, Schengen Area, UK, Japan, or Canada is stamped in my old passport. Will this be okay?
Yes. Just present your old passport with the valid visa. This is the reason why I always travel with all my passports!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!