How To Apply For An Australian Visitor Visa With Your Philippines Passport
Australia was Jonathan and I’s last *ehem* continent and I must say that this country takes you back to the wilderness and makes you one with nature. It offers panoramic and jaw-dropping views that are just wonderful from every angle. It has a vast wildlife, stunning sunrises and sunsets.. And the night sky is just mesmerizing with the light from a thousand stars!
With your Philippines Passport and an Australian Tourist Visa, you can explore The Land Down Under including The Great Barrier Reef! So get your documents ready! :)
WHEN AND WHERE TO APPLY FOR AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
Visitor Visa applications (subclass 600) for Australia can be made personally through VFS Global at Mezzanine Floor Unit M01, Ecoplaza Building, 2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231, or online by creating a ImmiAccount which I personally prefer. The processing time is 48 hour to one month depending on several factors. I suggest you get your visa at least 6 weeks before your intended flight.
PRIMARY REQUIREMENTS FOR AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
Whether you course your application personally or online, the same set of documents will be asked of you. I personally prefer doing it online as it is way easier and more convenient than having to go to VFS Global. For purposes of this post, I’ll discuss on how you can do it within the comforts of your own home. The following documents must be scanned:
1) Info page of your passport together with all stamps and visas. Include the info page and stamps on your old passport too;
2) NSO Birth Certificate/Marriage Certificate;
3) Passport size ID photo (35x45mm) which complies with the photo specifications;
4) Banks statement/s; (READ MORE: Our guide on SHOW MONEY)
5) Asset/s, if applicable like land/condominium title, land title, car registration certificate, or any investments that you have; and
6) Your travel documents and cover letter (optional).
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
These are the documents that you may submit to prove your status and your ties in the Philippines.
1) For students- Latest school records like transcripts and enrollment certificate.
2) For employees- Employment certificate from your employer, leave of absence, pay slips, and Income Tax Return.
3) For entrepreneurs and digital nomads- Business registration certificate as well as your income tax return.
4) If you’re not paying for your trip- Pertinent financial and identification documents of your sponsor.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: APPLYING FOR AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA ONLINE
STEP 1: Create your ImmiAccount.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form on your ImmiAccount. Be as detailed as possible and never leave an answer blank. Write N/A if the item is not applicable to you.
STEP 3: Attach ALL the requirements stated above which is applicable to you.
STEP 4: Review your application form and the attached documents thoroughly. Make sure you don’t miss anything out.
STEP 5: Pay the necessary fees (the base pay for a visit visa is AUD 140)
STEP 6: Download the health assessment endorsement. In the summary of your application, click on the health assessment button to generate a HAP ID and download your referral letter for a health exam. Hold on to this document until Immigration contacts you via e-mail instructing you to proceed with the medical. (Applies only to those staying in Oz for more than 90 days)
STEP 7: Once you receive this confirmation, print out your referral letter and go to an accredited medical institution. (Applies only to those staying in Oz for more than 90 days)
STEP 8: Wait for the results via email and print your visa if you get approved!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT AUSTRALIAN VISITOR VISA
1) Why do I need to have a medical exam?
Most applicants for visas to Australia need to meet Australia's health requirement in order to be granted a visa and they are really strict about it. If you’re staying in Australia for more than 90 days, you are required to complete immigration health examinations in order to show that you meet Australia's health requirement.
2) What are the accredited health institutions?
Nationwide Health Systems Aux, Inc. in Salcedo St. Legaspi Village, Makati or St Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
3) Do I need to have a ‘show money’? How much should it be?
Definitely as they are asking for a bank statement. Make sure you have enough funds to cover your day-to-day expenses including flights and hotels.
4) Does the documents need to be notarized?
It is not necessary :)
5) Can I just take a photo of my documents?
As long as it is clear, you may do so. But scanned copy is always preferred.
6) How long is the validity of the visa?
The visa is valid for 6 months from date of issue.
7) Do I need to book my plane ticket before obtaining a visa?
Not at all! It is also not recommended. Fully Paid Flight Ticket or Flight Reservation Ticket from a Travel Agency (you can read more about our tips here)
8) What if I get denied?
You can always re-apply!
9) Is the visa processing fee refundable?
10) Is it advisable to avail of the services of a tour agency?
For me, it doesn’t make any difference if you avail of their services. I got ALL my visas without their assistance. I did it all by myself! Aside from being very expensive, it doesn’t guarantee the approval. What matters is that you have all the documents you submitted.
Final tip: Don’t get tired of going over your documents. You have only one chance to submit your application so once you click that button, there is no turning back. Make sure that everything is complete and soon you’ll be out there exploring The Land Down Under, meet new mates, have a barbie, and see a roo! :)
Please do note that the Visa Application Tips that I am posting are true as of the time of writing and are all for free. But if you need a little more assistance, I can give you a one-on-one travel coaching for a minimal fee-- it’s a lot cheaper than getting it through a travel agency. Together, we can go through your documents, fill in what’s missing, practice for the interview, and work together for you to get that visa!
Book an appointment now and learn more about it here.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!