Our Couple's Travel Guide To Negril, Jamaica - 8 Amazing Things To Do and Where To Stay!
Jamaica is a beautiful island country situated in the Caribbean Sea, boasting with crystal clear water, rivers, mountains & waterfalls. They pride themselves on being the island of happy days, vivid nights and dreams that come true. I can definitely attest to this!
Negril is a town in western Jamaica situated around 1.5 hours from Montego Bay Airport by car. It is popular for its miles of sandy beaches, the most popular being the Seven Mile Beach with its calm, gorgeous, and blue waters which are warm all year round. There are also very good diving spots all along the coast.
8 AMAZING THINGS YOU CAN DO IN NEGRIL, JAMAICA
So we celebrated our 5th year anniversary of meeting each other with this trip to Negril, Jamaica. It’s the 102nd country I’ve visited and I’m so happy we got to spend it here! I think it’s a perfect place to celebrate whatever milestone you have in your relationship be it anniversary, birthday, wedding, etc. This country is amazing, the people are very warm and friendly, the food is fresh and delicious, and there are plenty of things to do so you’ll never get bored. Here are some surprising things you can do while you’re here:
1) Enjoy the Seven Mile Beach - Chill, jog, swim, or just sunbathe. It’s not very often that you’ll get to step on the Caribbean's best beach so make the most out of it. Don’t forget to take your snorkeling gear (and a lot of sunblock) as they have an amazing underwater flora and fauna.
2) Get high! Ohh...I’m not talking about what exactly you have in mind right now... Get high and glide through the air while you’re being dragged by a motorboat with a parachute - PARAGSAILING! What’s best is that you can do it together with your partner.
3) Join a Sunset Catamaran Cruise - Hop on board a 50 foot catamaran where you can get a wonderful view of the ocean from the sundeck with your favorite drink in hand. Enjoy good music and a wide selection of drinks too. The catamaran will stop in some swimming spots where you can cool off and fly down the slide off the edge of the boat!
4) Watch the sunset at Rick’s Cafe- This is the best place to end your day in Negril! Whether you want to relax and have a cup coffee, watch the sunset, get drunk and dance, eat good food and even jump off a cliff, you can do it all here! The atmosphere here is chill and bustling with life! I’m warning you though, if you’re not into very touristy places, then this isn’t for you.
5) Go party! Margaritaville just along the beach is synonymous with partying so if you feel like dancing the night away, then this is the place to be. There are plenty of bars along the beach to choose from each offering a unique atmosphere and beach vibes!
6) Go scuba diving or snorkeling! Negril has excellent diving spots for both SCUBA and snorkeling. We’re really lucky to have stayed in the 2 hotels of Couples Resort where it’s all-inclusive including the scuba diving! You do need to be a certified diver to take advantage of this offer, but if you're not, you can take the course during your stay!
7) Drink a lot of rum - We’re not alcoholics here but Rum in the Caribbean is simply the best way to add some extra chill to your Jamaican break! Did we mention that all your rum drinks, or almost any other drinks you want, are included at Couples Resorts?
8) Hike and see the Mayfield Falls - If you need a break from salt water, then go on a hike to see these glorious falls. They're not the tallest in the world but they are refreshing and clear all the same. You’ll see small local villages along the way where you can stop by which is a perfect way to see and experience the local culture.
WHERE TO STAY IN NEGRIL, JAMAICA?
I know you only want the best for your partner and your relationship, just like us! Since this is a very special day, we decided to go for the best - Couples Resort is definitely our top choice. We spent 3 beautiful nights in Couples Negril and another 4 mesmerizing nights at Couples Swept Away - both are an adults-only resort and are all-inclusive. Here are some things we loved about these resorts:
1) It’s a couple’s only resort - Sorry but no single people allowed in here! This resort is specially made for couples who are celebrating their relationship together - be it an anniversary, engagement, birthday, or honeymoon. They have the perfect atmosphere and ambiance for fun, relaxation and romance. It’s also a good place to meet other couples and hang out with new friends. We’ve met a lot of new people and it’s fantastic!
2) It’s all-inclusive - Everything is included, from the food to the room, to the 'no tips policy', and to water activities!
3) They have gourmet dining- And as if it’s not enough, it’s open for 24 hours! Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and you suddenly want a steak or seafood and voila, you’ll get it in an instant! Wouldn’t that be wonderful? ♡ Just thinking about it makes everything perfect! Eating is definitely one of our best forms of bonding!
4) They have an unlimited branded spirits - And they have them everywhere; in your room’s mini-fridge, in the bars, and in the restaurants. You have to try their island-made Red Stripe beer and Appleton Rum!
5) They have unlimited Scuba Diving (or twice a day diving!)- You need to have a PADI license to avail this. If you’re certified then just get straight out there and enjoy Jamaica's top dive spots. If you're not then why not pay a little extra to get your PADI certificate during your stay?
6) You can choose from a variety of water sports- One of the best way to enjoy Negril is to jump straight into the water. Waterskiing, Windsurfing, Hobie Cat sailing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, and Paddle-boarding are all included at Couples Resorts so leave all your worries (and your wallet) behind :)
7) The staff are very accommodating- Whether you want rose petals on the floor to surprise your partner or a beautiful setting for your dinner, they will certainly go the extra mile to accommodate your request and make every single day of your stay extra special.
Overall, we loved Jamaica and our stay at Couples Resort. We highly recommend them to all of you!! I’ll end this post with a giveaway to one couple out there - A 5-Night Stay at Couples Resort Ocho Rios. Click here to join! Winner will be announced on June 15! Good luck, lovebirds! ♡
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!